NGO Resource Mobilisation & Sustainability Masterclasses
@ Zambian Governance Foundation
NGOs, CSOs and CBOs have critical roles to play in providing necessary services for a variety of communities and beneficiaries throughout Africa. However, they are often reliant on grant finance, from a limited number of donors, and their staff’s capacity to plan and implement business development (social enterprise) and fundraising strategies, to manage projects, to monitor, evaluate and report on program and project processes, to market their work, tell their stories effectively and to transition from donor dependency to financial sustainability is often inadequate. Moreover, skills and capacity in the areas of fundraising and organisational sustainability are often placed on senior management – without adequate support from other staff. Furthermore, changes in donor imperatives and international trends can pose increasing demands and challenges for NGO sustainability. In response to these challenges, the African Sustainability Academy (ASA) runs a variety of capacity building programs for non-profits in Zambia and throughout Africa.
- To gain a broad understanding of how to mobilize resources
- To understand the Do’s and Don’ts in establishing and maintaining donor relationships
- To understand the principles of branding and successful media, marketing and social media campaigns
- To understand the principles of successful proposal writing
- To define social enterprise and social entrepreneurship
- To understand the social enterprise landscape internationally and in Africa
- To explore possible income generating activities which will promote long-term organizational sustainability
- To understand how to define and implement projects, how to monitor, evaluate and report (MER) on project processes and cycles and how to close and de-brief projects
- To understand the value of Monitoring, Evaluation Reporting (MER) in the NGO environment
- To define common MER terms (outputs, outcomes, impact, domains, indicators, etc)
- To gain a better understanding of MER tools and techniques
- To understand how to write effective reports
- To gain a broad understanding of sustainable development in the African context
- To understand how to define relevant sustainable development goals and include them in project proposals
- To understand how to leverage networks and partnerships
- To learn from successful case studies
- To network and share lessons with other NGOs/CSOs and CBOs
These Masterclasses will target NGO executive directors, fundraisers, program and project managers, marketing, communications, finance and new business development staff, monitoring and evaluation staff, HR staff, board members and decisions makers. Space is limited.
Zambian Governance Foundation: 9 Mansansa Close, Off Bwinchimfumu Road, Rhodespark, Lusaka
25 February – 1 March 2019: (09h00 – 16h30 Monday –Thursday; 09h00 – 16h00 Friday).
Please book flights accordingly.
These Masterclasses will be highly interactive and will include formal presentations, discussions, group work and other exercises.
Participants will be receive the following
- Course manuals
- A CD which includes databases of thousands donors (valued on its own at $350 – the CD is included in the course fee), all course presentations as well as up-to-date research on each topic presented and a variety of other resources and case studies (for full time participants). Course-specific presentations for daily participants.
- Activity sheets and handouts
- Pen and paper
- Course Certificate
Fees cover venue, catering, materials and course fees. Costs do not cover air travel or accommodation.
For Credit Card Payments (VISA/Mastercard) Please Register Via Computicket.
For EFT payments please fill in the attached registration form and return it with proof of payment to email@example.com and cc firstname.lastname@example.org EFT payments can be made into the following account: Account name: Chuluka Limited; Account number: 800000651471; Branch code: 130010; Swift code: CVMTZMLU. PLEASE USE PARTICIPANT NAME AS A REFERENCE!
Biographies of Speakers